Friday, July 3, 2009

Exploring the East Side...

(Note.. this was originally posted February '09, to my old blog, "RedSands Offroad" which I am unable to retrieve the password for. So I have copied it here, to my new blog.)



Sand Mountain - is a large plateau like mountain, south of Hurricane, Utah. Sand Mountain hosts an array of natural beauty; through its red rock pillars (as seen above,) its sheer vertical cliff face (south side,) its endless mazes of red slick rock, and its rolling red sand dunes. At the foot of Sand Mountain lies Sand Hollow State Park.



(Click to enlarge)


I have been visiting this area nearly all my life. Whether by foot, Jeep, dirt bike, or ATV. My favorite thing about this area is that it is only accessible by foot or off road vehicle. Even by foot, you're in for a few mile hike just to get anywhere near the top.
Friday, February 13th, I had the day off work. The kids were in school and my Grandma was scheduled to pick them up. I decided to take Yoshi and hop in the Toyota and do a little exploring. We entered on the east side via the East Rim Trail, and exited back down through the sand dunes. We stopped at several places to hike around, here are a few pictures from that day. The rest of the pictures can be seen here.








No comments:

Post a Comment